Saturday, January 25, 2014

One Recipe: Buckwheat Honey & Almond Scones

This post is another in the “One Recipe” series in which, in between destination visits, I am sharing recipes featuring previous Local Choice ingredients.

What’s a girl to do when she’s snowed in? Bake as much as possible! I woke up this snowy morning and had a craving for scones. Luckily, a trip to the market wasn’t necessary, as my favorite local ingredients and a few staples were already in my pantry.

My scone recipe combines rich Honeyrun Farm buckwheat honey with delicious Snowville Creamery milk, a Bird’s Haven Farm fresh egg, and a hint of almond; perfect for breakfast or brunch.

Since Central Ohio has already received nearly five times the normal amount of snowfall this year, I have a feeling my baking will not just be limited to these scones.

Click on the recipe card to print your copy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment